Window issues

A home owner from USA says:
Window issues
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I believe we can help you with this. You may use our 26-226 pivot bar as a replacement. Our Series 600 spiral balance could be a good choice for you.

Lastly for your pivot shoe, I am afraid the metal center cam is not available by itself. You will need to replace the entire shoe and for that our 15-178 looks like the best option for you.
A quick learner from Minnesota says:
Thanks Mike! The pivot bar 22-226 was what I saw as the replacement also! The complete shoe of 15-178 seems like a good one also! Do you need any measurements of anything? A previous message I thought wanted measurements of my window? The window sizes are
Top- 31 3/8 Wide x 24 1/2 high. Bottom- 32 1/2 Wide x 25 3/4. Now, will the springs that I have now from the pictures I sent, work with the new shoes? The little pins on the springs will fit the new shoes? When I get all info on the parts, I will be ordering everything I need to fix the windows,2 at this point! Thanks for all your help Mike. Bob

Do you need measurements for my old shoes?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You don't really need the size of your window in this case. Just compare the length of your old balance's tube to confirm the proper length, and maybe check the diameter to be sure it's the same 5/8" as on our Series 600 balance.

As for the shoe, we have detailed dimensions for our 15-178 on its store page that you can go over to ensure that it matches. The Series 600 is compatible with the 15-178, yes.
A quick learner from Minnesota says:
Thanks, Mike! With all the info, I placed an order yesterday! Will see if the arts work like I think they should. Will probably order more after the parts arrive! Thanks again for all your help! Will let you know how it work out. Bob
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.