Window latch

A handy person from Chippewa Falls, WI says:
I made some storm windows for a cabin and would like to find latches for them instead of replacing yhe latches every fall. These pictures are presently are on the screen . The window shop could not match this latch. I realize the latches are not made anymore since it's a 50's era cabin. Im thinking that your Binnings window keeper could possibly work. There is no markings on the latch that i could see. The Binnings part number is 90-114. Do you think this would work? Thank you for your time and look forward to hear from you. Bill
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1269.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1268.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1268.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a very, very old style latch, but the  benefit of that is that it doesn't seem too complicated. You may very well be able to rig up something that works similarly.

The 90-114 that you picked out is a promising candidate, in that it is a flat piece of metal with a catch, but I cannot guarantee that it will work for you. I just think it's worth considering. If you wanted peace of mind, you can see our return policy here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.