Window latch

A quick learner says:
Here is the picture!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A7B9AEAE-3546-469B-8436-A2A43C71DA3C.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It looks like you need a new sash lock. Before I recommend anything, can you write out the distance between the two installation holes, measured from center to center? We have a large selection of sash locks and that should help us narrow down some options.

Thank you!

A quick learner says:
Here is a picture of the measurements.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F3E45187-B52D-4C89-A25D-0AEAE5D3DCF5.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

It's hard to get accurate measurements from pictures, can you write out the hole center spacing instead? If it's 2-1/4", take a look at our 90-005 and 90-009. These look similar but each lock has a different style locking tab. Compare our dimensions to yours and see which matches best.

A quick learner says:
I don't understand what you mean by hole center spacing. Do you mean the rectangle in between the two holes? I am sorry for all the emails, but I am not mechanical inclined ?
Profile picture of Emily

I'm referring to the two installation holes or screws holes on your sash lock. You'll need to measure the distance between those two holes, starting from the center of each hole. Does this make sense? I'll post the dimensions for our 90-005 down below as a reference so you can see what I mean. The 2-1/4" measurement is the hole center spacing. 

90-005 dimensions
A quick learner says:
Hello Emily,
It has been a long time since my last email. The window latch seems to have the code
MDC on what seems to be the state of Texas
Profile picture of Emily

Hello!

Were you able to see my previous response? Your sash lock resembles our 90-005 and 90-009, but you'll need to review our dimensions and the different style locking tabs to see which matches best. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.