Window latch

A contractor from Oregon says:
I royally hate these push button locks and would like to switch them to this style lock with an upright keeper.
Any suggestions?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0714CC4C-43DE-40F2-A2BC-A441214D8355.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3DC0B772-F4D7-41A7-B721-24B0F23BAEE8.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:


Unfortunately, we don't carry anything with 2" hole spacing and a 9/16" backset so new holes will have to be drilled. I' m thinking that you might be able to use something like our 90-274 with 2-1/4" hole spacing and 11/16" backset. Hopefully, the new holes will be far enough away from the old holes so that they won't overlap.

The keeper that comes with it won't be useful for this project, so you'll also need something like the 90-237 but drilling holes for this will be testy. You'll have to be very careful not to hit the glass in your window sash. Look over the options we've discussed and see what you think. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at