Window latch

Friend from Philadelphia
Feb 14, 2024 4:36 pm
House sitting for a friend and their window is broken, would love to fix it for them. This window latch seems to be broken off where it protrudes into the channel. Found some stuff on Amazon but don't trust that it is a correct replacement. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
IMG_2291 IMG_2290 IMG_2289 IMG_2257
4 user uploaded images
6 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Feb 15, 2024 10:37 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out! Your tilt latch looks like it could possibly be replaced with our 26-244. The opposite handed versions is part 26-243.

To confirm that these are the correct replacement, carefully double check and compare the measurements shown on the diagram below. If the dimensions are not a match, please let me know the written measurements from your existing latches. It is a bit difficult to read them from the photos of the measuring tape.

Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate view of 26-244

Profile view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244

Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Feb 15, 2024 12:43 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to say that we do not offer pick up at our location, so you would need to have them shipped to you. When placing the order, before finalizing and submitting it, you'll be able to review the shipping options. You'll be given the costs as well as the estimated time for the order to arrive.

I hope this helps!

Friend from Philadelphia
Feb 15, 2024 12:50 pm
Helps a lot, Thanks so much!
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Feb 15, 2024 1:15 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other hardware repair questions you might have.

Have a great day!

Friend from Philadelphia
Feb 22, 2024 5:32 pm
Hey, shipment came in yesterday and I installed it today in about 5 mins, works great! Thanks so much for all your help!
Installed Tilt Latch
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Feb 23, 2024 8:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the feedback and for providing the photo! I'm happy to see that they were a fit for your window.

Again, please do not hesitate to reach out with any future hardware repair projects you might have!

Have a great day!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts