Window lock

A home owner from New York says:
Hi. I'm looking to replace a damaged window lock and I believe I found the correct one on your website. However I'm confused about the measurements. Could you please help me determine which one I would need? Thank you in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5D650D44-F3EB-4C35-927D-186C6855F29D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3755CF17-F3CD-4E7E-87C1-A90052EA312D.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to see your lock uninstalled to determine how it latches to sash closed. Also, which of our parts were you looking at and which measurements were you concerned by? Thank you!

The piece I'm looking at is the rear mount casement lock. It's appears to be the exact type. I'm just not sure I understand how to properly measure for sizing.
Profile picture of Casey

As I mentioned, we need to see the rest of the lock that is not visible while it is installed to begin to tell you what to measure and which replacement might work for you. 

Attached are the photos. Please let me know if you need additional
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22EB1DF6-A395-4C7D-9DA7-03516FDC3FE8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8D47063B-98A7-4A09-B215-C7CAE48CFD36.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C46CDF96-703A-48D0-BEFE-82EE0A9478E8.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Your lock resembles our 38-036 casement lock. See our 2-1/2" hole spacing below that will help you confirm that this is the correct replacement. Thank you!

Alternate view of 38-036
Alternate view of 38-036
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.