"Marshall" Window lock

A home owner from USA says:
I am in search of this type window Lock & plastic holder which goes underneath this lock. Can you assist? Thanks!!
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Joe, thanks for posting. How about our 90-005? This looks similar to your lock. How do the dimensions match up?
A handy person from Burlington, NJ says:
Hello Paul,

Dimensions match. In addition to the 90-005 window lock, on the original windows there is/was a plastic "shim" rectangular in shape which covered the bottom of the lock and also provided an anchor for the screws. The "anchor" portion of the shim inserted into the window channel for the screw to "bite" into. Almost like the wall anchors used for hanging a mirror, or photo into plaster walls.

Do you know what I mean?? And have you ever seen this added "shim"? It does raise the lock about a 1/16th" so that it works properly.


Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Joe. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find a shim that can boost up this lock. The only thing I can recommend is packing it out with a few thick washers. Do you think that could work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)