Window no longer stays up

A handy person from NYC says:
Hello-
Looking for a part for a double hung window. I've included a pic of what was left of the right side (still mounted), and the left side once removed. I can see a few similar parts in your catalog, but nothing looks exactly right. What characteristics should I be looking for? There were 2 springs. and the width of the shoe is approximately 1.25". Is there 1 piece that includes the entire mechanism, or do I need a Detent clip + Pivot shoe + 2 coil springs?

Thanks for the help!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for the photos. You can certainly just replace what is broken. The 15-180 pivot shoe uses a Series 190 with 1/2" wide coil spring. You will need the number stamped on the old springs when ordering. Let us know how it works out for you!

Thanks for your message. There is a number 9 stamped on the coil. I did not see that reflected in any of your coil options. Do you have any recommendations for which one will work for that?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we don't have a Series 190 with a strength rating of 9 pounds. It looks like you have two springs per side, which implies a sash weight of 36 pounds. That's very heavy! Can you confirm the exact weight of your sash? One of our weaker springs may work for you, but we'd have to multiply how many springs you use per side to make up the difference. I'd like to know the exact weight of your sash just to be sure we get you the right hardware.

I was finally able to get back into that unit to weigh the window. It's 20 lbs. Based on that, which coils would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, that's a lot more reasonable. I would recommend using two 5 pound springs on each side, which would be our S190-540.

ORDERED! Thanks a ton for your help on this. Very much appreciated.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.