Window off track

A home owner from Glendale Arizona says:
Hello, when I pull my window up it comes forward at me, as you can see from the picture. I think the track is broken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7124A40A-CB93-4658-91CC-707C226B662C.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D34CD4AE-777B-43C4-8E69-EE1214C61604.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Can you show us any of the hardware in the window track. Can you also show us any pins at the bottom of the sash, called pivot bars like our selection here? Finally, I'd like closer pictures of those latches on the top corners of the sash. From there I'll see if we can help. 

A home owner from Glendale Arizona says:
Hello,

I took pictures of everything I could... im not sure exactly what a sash is. I did notice that on the side of the window that is loose, there is a skinny rod that is broken. I took a picture of it, but it does not look like pivot bars you sent me, but perhaps its the pivot bar that is broken? Thanks for the help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagedbMkbV.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageTRRIJ0.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageBcbLlL.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageSRsTT0.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageWfPM2L.gif
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Okay, let's slow down a bit. The window sash is the movable part of the frame with the glass. Those rods on the side are called spiral balances. They're spring-loaded mechanisms that regulate the opening and closing of the window. If they're broken then they absolutely should be replaced. Let's start with those, because in the process of replacing them you'll see other pieces you may need to replace as well. Watch the videos below for details, then get back to me. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.