Has 1940 stamped on balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 391E28B0-FF2B-4460-A911-DC714D5C4642.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 62EF39F0-71C5-4F7C-91E1-BBAFDEC651FC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0371EA7A-97AD-4470-B9D9-F1218252C45E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 45D098EB-2E2B-48AC-80DB-37A2381A022F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D302E2BC-3662-4FA7-B9A4-636930E4093F.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can supply this balance, but it has to be a custom order. Before I go any further, though, did you need both balances? If so, then I'll need a bit more information. The balance on one side of the window is different from the balance on the other side of the window.

The biggest difference is that one balance has a top and bottom nylon fitting while the other balance has only the top. That seems to be the case with what you're showing me here, as well. If I'm right, can you tell me what stamp is printed on each?

Can you also tell me how many of each you need?

A contractor from Bayville NJ says:

Hello

The stamp is 1940 in the metal.

I need 2 of each so my client can close on their house.

Thank

You you for your help

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again. I'm afraid that doesn't answer my question. Both balances you have in this window are different, they're not designed to be the same. That means they'll have different stamps and a different nylon fitting configuration. I need you to tell me which stamp is on each so that we know what to make for you. Please review the explanation in my prior post and get back to me as soon as you are able to get the requested information.

Tom,
Only one of the balances is stamped with 1940, the other balance has nothing on it.
Profile picture of Tom

Well, that will make things a little less certain. I can tell you from personal experience that the opposite balance for this kind of window is usually stamped with "1930," but I usually like to confirm; custom balances cannot be returned for a refund, you see, so I like to make sure everything we make for you matches before we send anything out.

Do you have an identical window in the house that might still have the stamp legible? If so, you can use that as a reference.

If not, then we can proceed assuming that the stamp on the other balance reads "1930." That's fairly common, but it's just important to understand that this is not a guarantee, it's just an educated guess. 

If that's okay with you, then please tell me which stamp balance has both the top and bottom nylon fitting, and which stamp balance has just the top and NO bottom. I still need to know that so I know how to assemble these. Please also confirm how many of each you need.

hello
just looked at another window and both balances are marked 1940. do these balances include the plastic hinges that attach to the window to allow it to open like a car door. if not i need to order them as well.
Profile picture of Tom

We can make these balances so that they both have a 1940 stamp, if that's what you wish. That's just not how they're commonly designed.

The hinges are not included with these balances, but we do sell them separately. See our 15-058.

What I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for two of each balance. One side will have a 19-008 top, 15-025 bottom, and a 1940 stamp. The other pair will have a 19-008 top, NO bottom, and a 1940 stamp.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.