Window part

A home owner from 46037 says:
My windows do stay up in my house. I opened them up to see if the shoe was not connected but some windows are missing the "spring" also. Do you guys have replacement springs and shoes that would fit in this kind of window? Let me know what other information you need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16162696050028642336769597768439.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16162696314758252524231104226246.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, we can help with this. The reason your windows can't stay up is because the balance has lost its tension, probably just due to age. 

The good news is that you have spiral balances, which is unique among other types in that you can charge it to get it some of its tension back. You can do this by using a tool like our 75-006 to rotate it 2-3 times. Assuming the springs aren't totally shot then this could give them another couple years of life. I'll share a video at the end of this post that will show you exactly how you can do this.

Assuming that the springs are shot then you just need new balances entirely. In your case you have either the Series 900 (3/8" diameter tube) or Series 600 (9/16" diameter tube). You just have to measure the tube to get the better match.

Concerning the pivot shoe, I'll need you to remove one from the window and measure its width and thickness so that I can find something that fits in the same track.

Here's that video I mentioned:

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.