Window part

A quick learner from Billings, MT says:

when I removed the screw holding the spiral balance the plastic piece that the screw threads into cracked and came out with the screw leaving a quarter inch hole in the vinyl window frame. Can I order these little anchors from swisco? I would like to find these little plugs...

Thanks,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window part .png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I don't know what kind of anchors you need. Your photo is pointing to the two mounting screws that hold the balance in the window, but I don't see any anchors. 

Are you referring to the threaded sector inside of the balance itself? If so, that's not something that you can repair or replace. If that is broken then you will need an all new spiral balance.

It is the anchor. There is a 1/4" square cut out of the window frame that the anchor snaps into and then the screw is threaded into it. Thanks,
Profile picture of Tom

It sounds like you might be describing something like our 26-200 screw plug. This may be what you're looking for, but without seeing the original I cannot verify.

Alternate image for 26-200
Alternate image for 26-200

That looks like it is it! Are they available in the 1/4" size or only the 3/8"? Thanks for yur help!
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid we only sell this screw plug in one size. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.