Window part identification

Home Owner from USA
Mar 23, 2023 2:40 pm
Hi there,
I'm not sure what this part is actually called.

It is a clip that was in the top of my window frame that prevents someone from being able to lift the window and break in.

I am looking to identify this part and purchase more.

Thank you!
Rebecca WinLock
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Lauren from SWISCO
Mar 24, 2023 12:06 pm

Hello, thank you for posting,

Unfortunately I do not recognize this part at first sight. Do you have any that are still installed on the window that we could see the exact location? Thank you! 

Home Owner from USA
Mar 24, 2023 2:58 pm
These photos are with the window open and looking up into the top of the frame.
20230324_115500 20230324_115504
2 user uploaded images
Lauren from SWISCO
Mar 27, 2023 8:08 am

Thank you for the additional pictures,

Unfortunately we are not able to provide this exact sash stop. The best we can supply is the 26-387 vent latch kit that may be able to be adapted to your window, but you would need to make sure the window frame can accommodate it. 

Please review the video below to see what you think! I apologize that we cannot provide a direct match. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts