Window part replacement

A home owner from Topeka, KS says:

Hello,

I have two winders and one lock for my windows I need to replace. The windows were installed at the same time around the mid-90s I think, but the two winders look different. Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,

Aaron 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but, unfortunately, we can not make out enough of your hardware to identify possible replacements. We would need to see the entire lock assembly, as well as the operators, removed from the windows to compare to our inventory. From there, we should be able to narrow down your options. Thank you!

Hello, thanks for the reply.
If I open those windows to take the photos would that help? If not I'll need to wait a couple months until it gets warmer.
Just let me know.
Thanks,
Aaron
Profile picture of Casey

We may be able to identify your operators if you can open the window so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. 

As for the escutcheon lock, we would need to see if fully removed from the window. If you decide to wait on removing that part until it gets a bit warmer, you can take a look at the 38-205, 38-208, and 38-209 locks that are a similar style in the meantime. 

Good afternoon,

So here are two operators that I need to replace. The first is shown on the attached jpg labeled No. 1, and the operator is to the left and the photo has a ruler showing the size and hopefully the outside operator will help identify it. The turn operator does not fold in (hopefully that makes sense). I think the crank is off so the arms may not need to be replaced if that's possible.

The second operator also needs to be replaced but I have no turn crank. I've attached two photos, one showing the operator that needs to be replaced (which like the first is to the left and does not fold in), and also a photo showing it's matching right side which I was able to open showing the arm. Photo No. 2 shows the operator that needs to be replaced (with the turn crank but it won't work, but I was able to open it slightly). Photo No. 3 shows the right window just to the right which I was able to open more fully to show the arms (but this one does not need to be replaced). Photo No. 4 is a close up of the one to the right showing it's "Anderson", so that's the same as the one that needs to be replaced for the left window.

Please let me know if this helps identify the two operators I need to replace.

Thanks,

Aaron 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named No 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named No 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named No 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named No 4.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. The dual arm operator shown in your first photo resembles either the Entrygard or Caradco operators that we've related on this page for you depending on the length of the shorter link arm compared to the images below. 

As for your Andersen operators, take a look and compare the specifications of the 39-264 to yours. You can find a list of compatible covers and handles under the related items section of our product pages.

Dimensions for 39-032
Dimensions for 39-032

Dimensions for 39-156
Dimensions for 39-156

Dimensions for 39-264
Dimensions for 39-264

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.