Window Skinny Balances

A handy person from Florida says:
The invoice we have for the windows says HR windows, 2500 series.
I need replacement channel balances, shoes, and tilt latches for a few windows.

I think I can find the right parts in your catalog, but I need to confirm the length.
My measurement is 21 7/8". (Picture attached) Do I order a 22", or does that need to be exact at 21 7/8"?
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210526_165238.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We can replace this balance for you, but it has to be custom made due to its unique design--namely, its skinny, ribbed metal channel. We need just a little more information to narrow this down for you:

• How does this balance attach to the window track? Does it use a screw clip, or a hook instead? Please show. 
  • What is the stamp on the metal channel? 
  • How many of these balances do you need?

From there we should be able to draft a quote for you. Many thanks. 

Hi, thank you. I asked for a picture of the attaching hardware, so I'm sending what was given to me. It looks like a clip? Its looking up under the cover at the top.
I also have a photo of a stamping on the balance.
I will need 5 balances and three shoes(?) For the tilt. You can see one broken in my first photo of the length.
I will also need 3 tilt latches. I've attached a photo of that as well.
Thanks again, I hope the photos are sufficient to identify the parts.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_Resized_20210621_185804.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210526_165247.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named received_327410805757887.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the response. It appears this balance uses a screw clip to attach to the jamb track. The balance is stamped 22D. Therefore, I'm sending you an email with a custom link to order five(5) 22" skinny ribbed balances, stamped 22D, and with the 19-043 Screw Clip and the 15-230 T-Lock Shoe attached. If you need extra shoes, you can add these to your cart separately. 

Note too that we recommend replacing both balances in the window at once; when one fails, the other usually isn't far behind, and pairing a new balance with an older one places a greater strain on the new balance and can cause it to fail faster (it's not dissimilar to, say, it not being advisable using old and new AA batteries together). Let me know if you'd like a different amount of balances, or have any other questions, prior to placing this order.

Finally, for the tilt latches, see if our 26-314 match up. Review the dimensions and see what you think. These can be added to your cart separately. 

Thank you so much! Taking your advice, I'd like to add one more balance, making the order for 6, please.

It looks like the latches will work. I'll add them to my cart with the updated link for the additional balance.
Profile picture of Bob

No problem. I just sent you an updated link for six(6) of these balances instead. Let me know if you have any other questions prior to placing this order. 

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.