Window parts

A quick learner from Corpus Christi says:
I wanted to know if you had any parts for my window. Its from the 1950s. Id like to restore rather than replace.The coils are a disaster and i can't open or shut the windows very easily. I think the black plastic balancers are broken also. It takes 2 different types. On one side there are 2 long black plastic pieces and on the other side it looks like there is one long black plastic piece. Are you familiar with these windows in the pictures? They open from the top and bottom. so I think i might need all the sliding mechanisms for the top and bottom windows.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the coil balances you have in your window are still available. We do carry coil balances that are used in vinyl replacement windows, but I don't think you can adapt them to your setup. Look at the thin S400-24 spiral balances, along with the 17-031 or 17-010 brackets. Do you think you can adapt them to repair your window?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)