Window parts for NAMI 200/300

A quick learner from Lincoln, Maine says:

This is a photo that I have taken of the parts. Where can I purchase these parts to hold up my windows?

This is the tag on my windows NFRC 100/200

• CODE MBC-304
  • SPEC-NFRC
  • SERIES-SEDH
  • MST 304-M-002

Can you identify the parts that hold my windows in place with the photo that I sent you. This holds the window up when you put the window up part way.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC02897.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You have an old discontinued rod-type balance. We can probably offer a more modern channel-type balance to replace it, but I'll need to figure out what kind of rod balance this is before we get started. Do you have an undamaged version that we can use as a reference, perhaps from the other side of the same window? If so, please remove it and show me a clear picture of the top and bottom. Please also tell me its overall length. Thank you!

Can I send the old one to you so you could see for your self what we have. Please post your address and a person to sent it to the attention of and I will mail it to you.
Profile picture of Tom

You can send a sample if you wish, but only if it's an undamaged balance. If you send us the balance you took a photo of in your first post then we will not be able to help. Please keep that in mind.

If you do have an undamaged balance, it would save you postage to just post a photo of it here for us to see. Specifically, we need to see the clip or shoe at the bottom. I'm very confident we can pick out what you have as long as we can see an unbroken version. Plus, having the balance in hand won't really tell us any information that a photo couldn't.

If you still wanted to send a sample, you can see our address on our Contact Us page.

The length of the balancer is 23 3/4 hole in top block to bottom coil of the spring. That is in the closed position. I have more photo's to send to you also
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC02954.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC02955.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC02956.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC02957.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

This is exactly what we needed to see, thank you! Looks like you have a terminal clip at the end of the cord, which means you'll want our Series 770. Since your old length was 23-3/4", you should round down to the 23" long S770-23.

This installs the same way as the old balance, so you won't need anything extra. You'll also be able to re-use your old pivot shoe. The only other thing you'll need to do is weigh your sash on a scale to get the exact weight, then refer to the chart on the S770-23 store page.

A home owner from Durham, North Carolina says:
Hi,

I need to replace several window sashes due to insulation leak. The window sticker is attached.
NFRC 100/200
CODE PAT(VA)
SPEC: NFRC
SERIES: VWDH
MST 3856

Do you have the window sashes?

Thanks,
M. Yin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3292.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to say that we don't sell replacement window sashes of any kind. My suggestion is to contact the window manufacturer directly for assistance.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.