Pivot pin broke on window and coil springs came out

A home owner from Ohio says:

My double hung window pivot pin broke and both coil balance springs came out. Also one shoe was broken (fixed with super glue) but if I can replace the pin and the shoes / balances that would be amazing!

Can the coil and shoe come as one piece? I saw your video on youtube and the gentleman had it all as one which seemed much easier.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1889.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1890.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1892.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1894.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1895.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, we can't sell this kind of coil balance set as one piece. That's actually a benefit, since you only need to replace what's broken. If a part of your balance system is still working then there's no reason you can't reuse it. 

Either way, they can only be sold as individual components. I recommend our 15-111 pivot shoe, which itself is compatible with our 1/2" thick Series 160 coil spring. Look these over and see what you think. If you can't reuse your old cover, we recommend the 15-150S.

For your pivot bar, see our 26-068. This looks like a dead ringer for what I see in your photo.

Ok I think my coils are ok but need shoes. Thank you for the response. Should I just buy everything new so I don't run into issues? Also is there a video somewhere on how to attach the coil to the shoe?
Profile picture of Tom

It's up to you! You can buy everything if you want to, but in my experience you can reuse everything that isn't broken.

We don't have a video on this particular balance spring or shoe. The Series 160 has a "T" at the end of its coil that should fit into a slot on top of the 15-111. We do have a video that shows you how to take them in and out of the window, which you can see below.

Ok, I ordered the shoes and pins but the spring have different weights? How do I know what weight do I need? Thank you for all this help!
Profile picture of Tom

It's our pleasure! You'll need the stamp off your old spring to pick the best Series 160 option. It should be inked or pressed right on the side of the spring. If you don't see a stamp, then we can still help but it'll require getting the exact weight of the sash. We can do a little math to calculate the proper calibration. Let me know!

Just installed everything and it all worked great! Thank you for your help!!
Profile picture of Tom

That's fantastic news, thank you so much for the update! I'm certain this will help other customers in the future.

We appreciate you ordering with us. If you ever need anything else, feel free to ask.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.