Window parts needed

A home owner from Fairfield, CT says:
Hello, I have a few CertainTeed windows in my rental property with in various need of repair.

1) One needs a Pivot Bar replacement - it looks as if 26-175 is what I need, though this looks to be a newer style

2) The top section of the window on one will slide down as soon as the window is unlocked. I'm not sure if there's a replacement part that can help with this or not.

3) The lower vinyl framing on a top window (the horizontal part where the lock latches mount) has broken off. The window is fine otherwise. Is this something that can be repaired? Or does it need to be replaced entirely? I have a picture if that will help.

4) The last window problem is really a screen problem. Do you have replacement screens for the CertainTeed windows? Or will a generic version do? I have measurements.

Many thanks for any assistance you can provide. Regards, Wyatt A
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'll go through your questions one at a time:

1) Yes, the 26-175 is the newer CertainTeed pivot bar.

2) Sounds like the balances are shot. You might need our Series 170 coil spring, but make sure this is a match.

3) The top tilt latches could be our 26-288 and 26-289, or the 26-317 set. Again, carefully compare our parts to yours to ensure they match.

4) Take your old screen to your local hardware store and they could possibly make a new one for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)