Window pins

A home owner from Chicago says:
Looking for replacement pins for my generic vinyl windows. They have no name and the pins are broken from the bottom of the window. I believe they lock the window in place so it doesn't come out
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15582334445668208033185440889760.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15582334779246777406895592970227.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in to us. We will need some dimensions to help identify this pivot bar for you. Please tell us the length and width of the pivot bar, as well as the distance from the tip that goes in the pivot shoe to the the center of the hole you screw to the sash. From there, we will try and narrow down the right replacement for you.

A home owner from Chicago says:
2" long and about 1/4 wide
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you! Were you also able to get us the hole position that I requested? You would have to measure from the front tip to the center of whatever hole is used to install the pivot bar. You have two holes, but it's rare that both holes are used. If they are both used, then we'll need to know the distance from the front tip to the center of each hole, respectively. Thanks!

Profile picture of Paul

Come to think of it, we just added a new part to our catalog that I think may be worth considering. See our 26-313. This has an installation hole center that is set back 1-9/16" from the tip. Look it over and let me know what you think, or if your hole placement differs in any way!

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.