Window pivot

A contractor from West Milford, NJ says:
Hello folks, I'm working on Windows that pivot from the left side into the house for cleaning. The customer tells me he believes their silver line but I can't find any identifiable marks not even on the glass. Are you able to identify the pivots from these pictures. If so please let me know if they're available. The top one is missing the part that goes in the jamb and the bottom one seems to have popped out of the gamb completely. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200710_090625001.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200710_090620602_HDR.jpg
As far as your request for measurements goes. They are only 1 1/2 in tall. There are two of them located on the top and bottom of the left side of the window. I've already sent pictures.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like a match for our 15-058 hinge assembly. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Thank you for the response. I ordered the hinges and balances right away. I'm a little confused though. None of the windows I'm working on have a balance on the hinge side. Even on the windows that aren't broken there is no balance on the hinge side. They seem to operate normally. I found this odd. Could this be typical? I'm wondering if this window will open without binding. I see another post you mention asymmetrical balances. If I need them do you have any suggestions on how to identify them because I have nothing to go by? Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

There should be balances on both side of your window, but I don't know what the original installers had in mind when they put them in. These windows are a little weird and I suppose they might have had a good reason to do what they did.

On the other hand, they might just have been lazy.

I can't really say for sure. If you did want to put a second balance in those windows, we can help. I would need you to remove the balance that's in there now and show me a clear picture of the top end, bottom end, and stamp. I should be able to figure out the other one from that data.

Thanks for the response. I wish I could show you a picture of the balance that's supposed to be on the hinge side but like I said none of the windows have a balance there to photograph. Anyting we do would have to be based on what on the right side (the unhinged side).I'm just going to wait until I receive the new hardware that I ordered from you and see how it works out.
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good! I'll be here to help if you need it.

Hi Tom, I'm still having difficulty with these channel balances. I assumed that if I bought the correct length and option balances I would be able to change the shoes myself. The s390 balances have a different way of riveting on the shoes. Is it possible that I can buy a balances complete with the 15-025 and the 19-008 shoes already installed? Please refer to order number 144-5904 for the lengths end options. Or, can you send me balances that I can change these shoes myself. Good news is that the hinge leaf assemblies fit perfectly. I'm going to have to return most or part of this order depending upon your response. Thanks again for all your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200721_094523612.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200721_094515285.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm glad to hear that the hinges worked. Concerning the balances, we can supply a balance with those fittings pre-attached as a custom order. We do it all the time. Can you just tell me how many you need? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

Now that I see the balance you still have on your window, I can reasonably guess what the opposite side would be. It would be a 26" long channel with a 19-008 top and NO bottom fitting, with a 2540 stamp option. I feel confident that will work for the opposite side. If you were interested, let me know how many of those you'd want as well. It would be a separate custom order link, but you can add both to your cart at the same time.

Ok Tom, so how do we get these ordered? I need (3) 26" S390 option 2530 and (2) 20" S390 option 1930 balances all with the 15-025 and the 19-008 shoes already installed. Please advise.Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

Great! I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for each quantity. What these links allow you to do is add those balances to your cart as if they were any standard product. You can then checkout as normal.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.