Window pivot and shoe replacement for the spiral balance

A handy person from Harrisonburg, VA says:
Series: 7979J SH TILT
AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
H-R15-44x77
H-R25-44x77

I am trying to identify the shoe and pivot pictured to place an order. I will also need three pair of S900-27 red tip spiral balances.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200113_115948.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200113_115853.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We will do our best to help you locate a replacement pivot shoe and pivot bar. Before we can start to make any suggestions, we will need for you to remove both pieces completely out of the window and upload more photos for us to see. You will also need to include detailed measurements of each part; the pivot shoe we need the height, width, and depth measurement. For the pivot bar, we need the length, width, and if there is more than one screw hole on the part, we need to know the distance between them.

The balance shoe has an open cam and is 2 1/8" long, 31/32" wide and 9/16" deep. I will need three of those.

The tilt pivot bar has two holes but is held in by one screw. The holes are 3/8" apart. The overall length is 2 9/16" long, 5/16" wide and 3/16" deep. It is round on the end with wings. I don't have a picture of the whole bar by itself. One picture shows the broken tip and two holes. The other shows the round end with rectangle in the middle. I will need three of those.

The tilt window latch has an overall length of 2 5/8", top width of 11/16", bottom width of 9/16', and depth of 7/16". They are white. I will need two right hand, and two left hand.

The window sash weighs 22 lbs. The spiral balance is 27" long, 3/8" wide and appears to have a reddish orange tip. I will need six of those.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200115_134437.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200115_125529.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200115_125407.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200115_125139.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200113_120043.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We should definitely be able to help with this project. There's one catch, though: your pivot shoe is no longer made. That affects a couple other details, so I'll do by best to explain.

I think you should consider our 15-179 pivot shoe as a substitute. It's about the same size and will be compatible with your new S900-27 balances. However it has a different style cam compared to your old part. This means that you'll need a different kind of pivot bar to fit inside it.

One common pairing is our 26-021. I recommend looking at our dimensions for this part to see how they match yours. The spacing between the holes isn't really relevant. What's most important is the distance between the center of each hole to the front tip of the pivot bar, which goes into the shoe. You only need one to match, so as long as one of the holes on the 26-021 is in the same position then I think it's a winner.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for you response and help. That 26-021 pivot bar should work well. I couldn't decide whether my first hole was 1 5/16" or 1 3/8", but 1 3/8" should work. I will also go with the 15-179 pivot shoe.

I could not see any dimensions for the 26-243 and 26-244 latches. Are they compatible with the dimensions I listed above or do you have another recommendation.

Thanks again for your help. I will place an order after I get your response.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We do have dimensions for the 26-243 and 26-244 on their store pages. If you look under the main image, you can see a selection of thumbnails that you can click on to cycle through. I will also post them here for your convenience. The dimensions seem to match up well to what you gave us, but we list a couple more that you should consider just in case.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.