Window repair

A home owner from Cincinnati Ohio says:
Just bought a house, found two windows with the same channel balances.
Most of the windows are missing the channel balances. Found one window with two different size balances. According to your site and the top guide I have rollyson windows but the balances dont look like the 371 balance. They are 34 inch and have a 3340 stamp. What balance should I use?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 77FBD63C-E069-4A96-ADCB-581082928A10.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E2B7F593-105D-4CD5-8320-1C9A677DE5ED.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5A23201A-B68F-4235-A61B-BCF40D3021BD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8AE3AFA9-C16B-4536-AB61-BD80177A4CC5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 33DAB2C3-7F0E-4B94-95A0-4E12A9185DA3.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'm not sure why you don't have the S371-34 series balance in your windows but the balance you show in your photos appears to be our S380-34 with a spring strength option fo 3340. The top does look like the 18-124P sash guide by Rollyson, but you'll need to confirm that the style and dimensions match what's shown on our website since we can only see the top.

You could have the S380 balances, but check another Rollyson window in your house to be sure. Sometimes people try to repair windows with whatever balances they have on hand, which can cause problems as you can imagine. If the rest of your windows are using the same balances, go with the S380. Thank you!

A home owner from Cincinnati Ohio says:
So on a whim I ordered the s371 balance and top sash guides for one window. They seem to work but I have to much play side to side. If you put the window up It looks like it will fall out the side. I removed window and found plastic piece at bottom of sash missing. I pulled a couple other windows and found what I think is the bottom sash guide but they look like they are broken. See pics. Any ideas? I don't see anything on the site.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D493CD05-497A-4D11-B2C3-36D4BDB5F44C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DC98F71D-46D5-4C61-A64C-96067AEDC1F5.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that we don't have that piece of nylon shim. You can take one off and go to your local hardware store and see what they have that you can cut and make a shim. It can be nylon or aluminum. You just want to match thickness.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.