Window repair needed

A home owner from Ventnor New Jersey says:
This part is 22" long. I don't know if you need any additional information from this part or if it's relatively standard. I will be able to give more info if needed. Please let me know. The problem I'm experiencing is that the windows will no longer stay open on their own.

Thanks for your help in advance!!
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please see our S600-22 spiral balance. I think this may be a match, just confirm that the outer tube has a 5/8" or 9/16" diameter.
A home owner from Ventnor NJ says:
Thank you Paul for the info. Is there a you tube or how to video to do this replacement? I can't seem to find anyone who actually repairs windows in my area of South Jersey. So I'm going to attempt it. I believe they are 9/16" ...Should I buy the install tool? What other items are needed to replace these? Also... How quick could I get 12 of these?

Thanks!! Steph
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
As a matter of fact, we do have a video on how to replace this kind of balance. It is actually very simple and you should be able to do it in a few minutes. A charging tool will definitely help, so I recommend our 75-006.
The speed at which you receive your order would depend on what shipping method you choose. We offer a few different options.
A home owner from Ventnor NJ says:
Hi Paul,
I think I've finally got everything I need to place my order. However, I was advised that for one of these windows I will need 2 window locks--not the type that looks like a little crescent on top, but more like the type of locks that are on the top/sides that lock the window into placement the track. I don't have a picture of that but can you tell me what I need by that description?

Also what is the name of the part that each spiral balance locks into?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that description could be applied to a lot of our locks. If you don't have pictures, I recommend browsing through our selection of sweep locks and see if anything here is a match. Don't forget to match up dimensions!

The part that the spiral balance locks into is called a pivot shoe. You can see our selection here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)