Window repair parts - 3 items needed

A home owner from Orlando, Florida 32819 says:

Last week I was in contact by email with Steve Rakoczy who has been very helpful with my project but I thought it would be useful to consolidate all the details for the 3 window parts needed in one request.

1st item: Channel balance 28" in 770 series.

The number stamped on the balance is 27D. There are no plastic ends with my current balance, does that pose a problem? Also you mention these balances do not come with screws so if I don't have all of them will a handyman have to improvise with other screws? Do these come with a cover that hides the metal part on the window? Will need 16 of these balances.

2nd item: Combo Tilt Corner Latch Sash Locks #26-431P. I believe 5" length with 3 screws. Will need 26 of these.

3rd item: Snap in glazing strips for impact glass. Not sure which one I need 55-206 or 55-206-6. My strip measures 1/4" top x 1/2" x 3/8". Will need a few of 27" length.

How do you handle returns or wrong items please?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help.

Rosanne 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210127_172445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210707_172815.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210707_172842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210707_173313.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rosanne! I agree, that first item looks like our Series 770 channel balance. The Series 770 is not designed to come with plastic ends so you're fine there. As for a screw, you could use our 33-016 but honestly any screw your handyman has that's in this size should be fine (#8 x 1"). This is a very common screw size and if he doesn't have any on hand then you can pick them up at any local hardware store. Lastly, these do not come with covers, unfortunately. We do not sell balance covers of any kind.

For item two, I agree that the 26-431P is a match.

For item three, if your glazing is 27" then you want the 55-206, which is sold in 3' increments. The 55-206-6 is the same exact part but is sold in 6' increments instead, which would be way more material than you need. This is of course assuming that the 55-206 matches the shape of your original, which I cannot confirm.

You can see our return policy here.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.