Window replace pieces

A home owner from Quincy, MA says:
I need spring balance coils for three Reliabilt windows.
One has the label 5KC and the other coil has7KC.
Also I have a Harvey Window and also need the Pivot. First two photographs.
Thank you,
Pablo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2CDF82E9-39F0-41B2-A4C3-A3951B2DDDAF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 97AC336D-2465-4262-A81E-E7F313B9FE0C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 222D9303-153C-4441-AF64-974F1ACAE78B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B7BB436B-7A8F-4785-8ABF-F58CA3A92C4D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AAA6E6D5-42F9-4BA9-8836-A44DB72B3975.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Pablo. Looks like you might have Series 180 Coil Balances, which work with the 15-087 Pivot Shoe. Go over all the dimensions we list for these parts to ensure this makes sense. Based on those stamps you'll need the S180-5 5 pound spring and S180-7 7 pound spring. For the pivot bars, see if our 26-423 could match up with an undamaged pivot bar. If this doesn't seem right, please show pictures of an undamaged pivot bar. 

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your service!!!

I have questions before I order the Balance Coils.

Can I return the pieces if they are not the good ones? They look right but just in case they do not fit in my windows.

Can I use the same cartridge that is install or I need to purchase new ones.

How shall I take out safely the Rebilt Window to replace the coils. Do you have a specific video about this windows. You send me an excellent tutorial how to replace the coil and I will use it.

Again,

Thank you for your good service.

Pablo

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Pablo. Bob's not here today but I'll do my best to help. I'll answer your questions in order:

You can return any coil balance you buy from us if it ends up not working, yes. See our return policy here.

As long as your old housings are in good condition then I see no reason why you can't reuse them.

We don't have a video on this specific product, but we have a couple that may be helpful anyway. Most coil balances follow the same process of removal, more or less. The biggest difference between your balance system and the ones we show in these videos is that it's kind of upside down; your balance coils stretch up until they attach to a bracket screwed into the window track. 

So, you'll note in these videos that after we remove the sash, we use a screwdriver to bring the pivot shoe up to the springs. In your case, you'll do sorta the same thing but instead you're bringing the pivot shoes (which contain the springs) up to the bracket I mentioned. Hopefully that makes sense. 

The process is otherwise the same, ignoring that one detail. Let me know if you had any other questions.

Another question after you send me the tutorial videos about how to change the coil balance it looks like I need also the Jamb Spreaders part number# 75-069. Can you tell me the price please?
Thank you,
Pablo
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Pablo. You don't necessarily need the jamb spreaders. The second video Tom listed above will show you how to remove and replace these coil balance systems by forming a 'cutout' in the jamb track. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.