Window retractor parts

A quick learner from Dallas, TX says:
Pic 1: Slide bolt from bottom
Pic 2: Slide bolt from top
Pic 3: Mounting location for retraction coils showing jamb configuration
Pic 4: Coil assembly. Top spring is marked "CL", bottom (or inner spring) is marked "C". Tab on hinge assembly, top right where it touches spring, has a "13" stamped on it. Sorry about distortion - original pic did not look that way, something in attaching process did this. Can submit more pics if needed. Main concerns are the pivot shoes and the slide bolts. Once identified, I can submit a purchase request with numbers of each required.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220405_163738039.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220405_164001802.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220405_165422717.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220405_165458759.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the 15-175 pivot shoe, which uses the S152 coil springs, to your assembly. You may want to weigh your window sash and divide the weight by the number of springs used to support the sash to choose the corresponding strength option for your replacements. 

As for your tilt latch, I would recommend removing an undamaged version from one of your windows to compare to the specifications listed on the 26-243 and 26-244 product pages. Thank you!

Thank you Casey - I'll get back to ya'll on it.
Casey,
The tilt latches that I received are a 1/4" short and considerably thicker. I suppose I could modify the window frame to accommodate the depth, but the length will not work. Pics attached, cream-colored ones are the old ones. So, where do we go from here? Send back and find something more appropriate? Need the procedure for that and I suppose I could send one of the old ones for you all to match - it's not like it's of any value in the window. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220429_173905567.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220429_174021855.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220429_203646990.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

We'd be happy to research this for you to determine if a better match is available but we'll need you to write out the exact dimensions of your latch for comparison. Thank you. 

Okay, looks like it might be the slim top tilt latch, 26-391, but I did not see any dimensions posted.

Actual dimensions of my old one are: top plate is 2 15/16" long by 3/4" wide; length of the spline or ridge on bottom from tip of the curve to end of latch is 2 13/16"; overall thickness is 5/16".

The ones we received are: top plate is 2 11/16" long by 11/16" wide; length of spline on bottom from tip of curve to end of latch is 2 5/8"; overall thickness is just a hair over 3/8".
Profile picture of Casey

It sounds like you're on the right track. I'll include the dimensions from the 26-391 product page to help you confirm that the dimensions match yours.

detail of 26-391
detail of 26-391

Thanks Casey, I think that is it. Now, can I return the others and get these instead? What is the procedure for doing that? I have made no attempt to install them or otherwise tampered with them. I do not need to return the two pivot shoes - those worked fine.
Profile picture of Casey

Sure, you can find our full return policy here. You will be refunded for the original latches once we receive them and you can place a new order for the 26-390 and 26-391 at any time. 

Thank you.
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.