Window sash replacement parts

A home owner from USA says:
Hello, so after about 3 hours of trying to figure out what parts just broke on my sliding glass window, I have decided they were called top sash guides (the plastic part connected to the sash that the channel balance is held into place with). I am assuming they broke due to sun/age/etc, so I found your website and found replacement parts. Seeing how I am taking apart the window, I decided it was probably a good idea to replace the balance system as a whole. Being new to this, I wanted to make sure I was pairing the right balance system with the right top sash guide. I have a 38 lb sash (bottom only, top is fixed) looking at replacing the balance system with this S380-30 and I am guessing I would replace the Top sash guide with this part 18-033. Please let me know if these parts are compatible, thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the 18-033 and the series S380-30 are compatible. If your sash weight is 38 pounds, I would also recommend our 2965 weight option. The best way to confirm if the Series 380 will work for you is to compare the dimensions of the nylon attachments that come with it to yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)