Window screen clip

A quick learner from Chicago, Il says:
It pushes into slot on frame and has a plastic screw to hold the screen in place.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220619_151001934.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

My window at home uses this same type of clip. When I found out that they were no longer available I opted to use the 70-176 slip-on clip as a substitute. I think it works pretty well, but let me tell you how I did it.

I first removed the sliding glass panel and screen from the window. With the glass and screen removed I installed the 70-176 clip on the outside edge of the window frame on the right side (looking out). Then I reinstalled the screen making sure to put it on the left side first, then bent the pocket on the clip. This installed the screen frame into the clip allowing the clip to go back in place.

Thinking about it now, I might have been able to put the clip on the screen frame first, then install the screen on the right side of the window and slip the 70-176 onto the frame before pushing the screen back in place on the left side. I think I'll try it tonight when I get home.

In the meantime, look the 70-176 over and see what you think!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.