Window screen latch, white plastic

A home owner from Rock Hill, SC says:
Several of these plastic latches to hold my screens in place are broken. They are inserted with rivets. I would like to know if I could replace and if so how? Are there substitutions I could use for the same function?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window screen latch acorn turn latch.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See if you could use a turn clip like the 70-026 or the 70-053 flush clip as a replacement. Look them over and see what you think. You'd have to drill out the old pop rivet, then you could install the new clips in the same hole. 

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at