Window shoe and balance

A contractor from Hanahan, SC says:

Hi,

I believe the window is a Pella window but the balances appear to be 1/2 x 1/2 channel balances. I couldn't get the window out at the time of the appointment and unfortunately, this customer did not have other operable windows that could be opened to see a good balance. There was as stamp on one balance with 30G on it. The windows are very heavy (each sash 33 1/2" h w/hurricane glass).

Please let me know if you can assist in identifying this balance, balance shoe and hopefully pivot bar.

Thank you

Jack

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190325_164633.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190325_164715.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190325_164829.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190325_165045.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Could you provide us the weight of the window sash? The stamp is peculiar, so we need to double-check to see if this sash weight falls outside our standard stamp options. Many thanks.

Not sure of exact weight but the window was at least 30 lbs due to the size and hurricane glass. Let me know if that helps.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Could you confirm the length of the metal channel? If it is 31", you can use S751-31. A stamp option of 30TG is for a sash weighing between 29 through 36 lbs. This may work for you, though it would be best to get the precise weight to be certain it will fall within this range.

Sorry for the delay my customer just approved this. I believe the balance you recommended will work but my only concern is will the S751-31" work with the sash length of 33"? I believe we will be fine with the weight.
Thanks
Profile picture of Paul

If your old balance's metal channel was 31", and I think it was, then it should work fine assuming this window never ran into any issues in the past.

Profile picture of Paul

My pleasure. Let us know if you need anything else.

Perfect. Thank you very much
Hi Paul,
I am going to need 4 more balances and the long clips for this window as noted in the thread. The only issue if we could get a higher rated weight like 40 to 50lbs I think that will help. See below for the last balance we ordered
Let me know if you can help.
Kind regards
Jack Ross

31", you can use S751-31. A stamp option of 30TG is for a sash weighing between 29 through 36 lbs. (NEED HEAVIER RATING 40 TO 50 LBS)
Profile picture of Paul

40-50 pounds is extraordinarily heavy. We may be able to do a special order for you, but we're going to need a precise sash weight, down to the ounce. We can work from there.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.