Window shoes

A quick learner says:

I cannot find the exact style can you pls take a look and let me know what you suggest

john

Thnks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220422_152437.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220422_142835.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, John. This is definitely an older style pivot bar, but one of our more modern versions can almost certainly replace it. 

In order to narrow down the list of possibilities for you, I'd like you to remove it from the window and measure its width and thickness. Then, write out what you get here for me to review. I can then make a recommendation. 

A quick learner from Michigan says:
It's 1 inch thick with 2 1/2 inches wide
Profile picture of Tom

That is one huge pivot shoe. I'm afraid we don't have anything in that size. Can you confirm these dimensions?

Please make sure that you aren't measuring the height. Height is not important for our purposes here, just width and thickness. I also have to reiterate that you need to remove the shoe from the window beforehand to ensure that you're getting an accurate measurement. 

The width it only 1 inch and 1/4
The depth it's only 5/8
Those are the correct measurements
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FBF73DF6-E826-48FF-9409-A76ECE522985.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1654D527-2F7A-44F6-8783-B00F9CEF3961.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That makes a lot more sense. With these dimensions in mind, I recommend our 15-047. This is also 1-1/4" wide and 5/8". The design is a little different but it's fully compatible with your type of spiral balance and should also take the same pivot bar you have now. Look it over and see what you think.

Alternate image for 15-047
Alternate image for 15-047

great im calling to put an order in
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.