Window sill hardware part

A home owner from San Francisco CA says:

This piece of my window sill hardware has rusted and a piece (arm) has fallen off (and lost in the shrubs two floors down).

I had originally ordered two other crank parts ( item #39-031 and #39-253L) thinking it was the crank system that had broken but after dismantling the crank system, I found it intact and instead found that this sill piece is the broken part.

Can you help? I don't want to return the two crank pieces I ordered until I know for sure that I am now going to be ordering the correct part.

This last picture is of the rusted bar that has fallen off one window. It attaches to the sill part pictured in the post above. The rusted bar is about 6" in length and attaches to the sill plate at one end and under the open window at the other.

Please help in identifying this part as the window is having to stay partially open and cannot be closed until this part is replaced. It is a foggy and wet time of the year in San Francisco and I would love to have this window repaired as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Tara

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5242.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5243.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5246.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5247.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5255.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Tara. Looks like you need a new hinge set. See our 36-048. For a new operator, it looks like you might need our 39-031. Look over the dimensions and see if you think this might work for you.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.