Window sliding part

A quick learner from Hawaii says:

Aloha. I'm trying to find this part for our sliding windows. Have not been successful in replacing them yet

The window do not have any ID on them. However a repair person recommended you. Would you have these parts. The spring and housing?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you

Stan

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 83017F80-1A5E-48A7-9908-5FD5533333A3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8D9ED832-8A31-47FB-BE5F-5C4D8F145B0F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0DA56AD2-1B8F-4098-964D-E7AA4940FDE2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C27A2374-559B-449C-AC79-AFAC5EE83B08.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Stan. I feel very confident that we can get a working balance system for you. I'm just not sure what you have based on these photos.

Would it be possible to see a picture of the pivot shoe itself out of the window? You would have to remove the sash in order to access and remove it, but it would be a huge help. Pivot shoes are kind of a "key" that allow us to pick out everything else compatible with the balance system. 

Thank you in advance! You may also want to see the video below, it may help clarify what I mean.

Hi Tom
Ok here are the photos
I see some numbers. Pivot shoe A186160
The metal spring is SA 408
Let me know how you sell theses parts whole or individual items
Thanks you for your assistance
Been trying to replace this for years
Stan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 36D6DF39-CE69-464F-A314-2DEFC84AE1E0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D2018664-3E3E-4DD9-B785-CD673D61BF9B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6AE86B58-DDF4-44C1-9AB2-13E74D8D5420.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E3AEC525-EFB6-44DB-9FF8-84E619004F69.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to me, Stan. Perfect, that's exactly what we needed to see. This looks like our 15-192 Pivot Shoe. This pivot shoe is compatible with our Series 170 Coil balances. The coil spring in your photos stamped '408' can be replaced by our S170-408, which supports 8 lbs of weight individually. 

If your window only has one coil spring on each side of the sash, then you'll just need the Series 170. If you had two coil springs per each side of the sash however, you'll need the Series 170 as well as the Series 171; the Series 171 has a longer tongue to reach below the Series 170 and attach to the pivot shoe. The video below goes into further detail on this.

Perfect Thank you. I'll order the parts
Much aloha
Stan
Profile picture of Tom

Our pleasure Stan. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks so much for reaching out to us.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.