Window spring tip colors

A handy person from Marysville, Ohio says:
I am replacing nine window spiral springs that do not hold window up ,Their are two other windows with red and blue tips that work but the nine that do not are all red . Are the colors what determine the spring strength and if it does should i go to a different color?
A handy person from Marysville, ohio says:
I have several tilt in windows with 20 inch red tip spiral springs , their are 9 windows with broken springs the windows weight 26 lbs ea. Should I consider heaver springs and if so what color, P.S they are 9/16 tubes Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, and for the thorough information! Based on your dimensions, please take a look at our S600-20 spiral balance and see if that matches your hardware. For 26 lb. sashes, I recommend you use the blue tip. An S600-20 with a blue tip can carry a sash weight range of 10 through 29 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A home owner from Pembroke Pines, FL 33027 says:
Please send me step by step instraction how to replase "window spiral balances rod" or whare.
thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our instructional tutorial video on how to replace your tilt-window spiral balances.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.