Window stopper on old wood windows

A landlord from Commerce michigan says:
I have a rental where the wood windows are kept open with this stopper. Do you have something similar that will hold the windows open. Some of the windows are missing the part or the rubber stopper is worn out.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 08F984A1-832B-412D-96AE-50537D79AC93.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I've seen this type of window stop in the past and I'm not sure if it's still available. It's just too old.

Do you think you could use something like our 20-001 wood window spring? These are slid down at the top of the sash between the sash and track. They are designed to create friction to hold the window open. 

You could also check with an older hardware store in your area who might still have this type of window stopper.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)