Window "stopper" or break pad assembly

A home owner from Cedar Rapids, Iowa says:
The "stopper" for many of my windows has had the screws that hold it in place rusted out. This is the part which locks the window in place as it slides up and down. Not sure how/where to replace this.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6324.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6323.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you're showing us a pivot shoe; specifically, our 15-134. I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what it is you're asking for. What is the stopper specifically? Could you show us a picture of it? Many thanks.

Yes the red thing. The little small square plastic piece.....
Profile picture of Bob

Ah, that would be the cam. I'm afraid it isn't sold separately, but rather included in the pivot lock shoe.

Profile picture of Bob

Some customers have used a jamb spreader tool to install and remove the pivot shoe. However, that tool can be costly. There is also a method, we call the "cut out method" that customers have done to install these pivot shoes. I will include both videos showing these methods. Take a look and see which method you think will best work for you. 

Hi Bob,

I bought the piece

Is there a tool I need to install it?

Thanks!
Travis

So we are wondering about this piece that comes from the window? I think this piece fits into your part you indnicated but it is rusted out! Thoughts???

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F7E3E167-A519-48C7-A9D9-E95C816A21C1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 272AB460-D5EE-44F1-B0FB-9EC07F3786AB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8AF70120-1B53-4E59-8B78-2015EBCC0A2D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32C51C09-FD92-495B-8005-085341936D40.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4C2DAF23-BFEE-40C2-9CFE-4DDE10E77CC3.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

That would be the pivot bar. Yours looks very corroded, so we cannot be 100% sure what yours is or what can replace it. 

Now, the 15-134 is compatible with a few different kinds, but one in particular is our 26-297. Could this be what you have? If you have an undamaged version, that would be a huge help. There's just no way to know for sure what would work without a reference.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.