Window tilt latches, weatherstripping, plastic window sash cover

A quick learner from Sanford Maine says:
Hello I am looking for replacement parts for a certain Teed window. The wrath stripping the top part of the upper sash and the left and right tilt latch. MP2 is on the latch. There are no other part numbers that I see.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 03752A4D-2F9C-4DF1-BC0B-B85D5936EC1F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 723D4BF3-4E5E-4C4E-A2D0-07D67D3CD796.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1395674C-F35C-4CE2-B667-0559C57A52F0.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! Please see our 26-317 Certainteed brand tilt latch pair. I believe this is exactly the latch you were looking for.

As for the weatherstripping, it appears to be a kind of wool pile. I don't know what size you need so for now I recommend browsing our complete selection here. We list detailed dimensions for each product that you can use to pick the best one for the job.

Lastly, we do not sell sash covers of any sort. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi thank you. The problem I am having is the top sash falls to the bottom of unlocked. The parts I showed you now I realize don't have anything to do with that function. I have a broken sash pivot bar as well. Would that cause the top sash to fall? The window is a certianteed. I am ordering part 26-353. Will that solve the problem?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 65D3B4C8-E1D0-46FD-8735-E5E66BB38313.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for confirming. That would be because of the spring balances, then. These are located on either side of the window frame. I'll need photos of your current setup so that I can advise further. Seeing them out of the window would be ideal, just like you showed the other parts in your first post.

26-353 will not solve this problem, no. All that does is let you tilt the window in for cleaning and removal, it doesn't have anything to do with keeping it up. Balances are much more complicated mechanisms so you should brace yourself now for having to do some homework on this. Depending on what I see this may or may not be a project.

Hi I don't as able to figure it out. It was the pivot shoes 15-192. They were broken at the top where they attach to the balance spring. I have ordered everything I need. Thanks so much for your help.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! Glad you got it settled. Please let me know if you had any further questions or if you run into a different issue, I'd be happy to help.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.