Window tilts for old windows

A quick learner from Mississippi says:

I just received my replacement parts (26-314) and they are not correct for my windows. The spacing for the screws is correct but the part that actually holds the window in is on the opposite side. Egad.

Can I return?

Do you have a correct replacement?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0311221403_HDR[544].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220321_160126[549].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0311221403[543].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1117211713[552].jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

First off, I'm very sorry to hear that you had trouble with our hardware. You can absolutely return these for a refund and can get started with our return policy here.

Now, concerning your original part, I have actually never seen this style before. It's a little peculiar. Would you happen to have an undamaged version I can see? Would you also happen to know who made the window?

I don't have an undamaged part. The one in the photo is the best I have. As far as who made the windows the photo with the label on the window is the only information I have. I won't return these parts until I hear back from you on this post.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I wasn't able to find a good match for this latch either, unfortunately. Can you go into more detail as to why the 26-314 didn't work? If you haven't returned it yet, would it be possible to see what the 26-314 looks like on your window? I've been looking all over for the original with no luck and it seems the 26-314 really is our best option. If that won't work, I don't know what will.

Well, I must apologize to you. After inspecting the windows a little closer I found that the 26-314 is going to work fine. Don't know if one was put on backwards that I looked at or if I tried the wrong one, left on right, but I have installed all the sets and they are working.

I want to thank you for your FANTASTIC customer service. You were professional, helpful and respectful in your communications. I will come to you for any future window issues I have.

Sincerely
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

That's very kind of you to say, thank you! I'm just happy to hear that they worked out for you. I won't lie, I was at a bit of a loss so this is the best case scenario.

Please let us know if you ever need anything else. We're always here to help

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.