Window upgrades

A quick learner from Huntsville, Alabama says:

I have 8 large windows with each sash weighing 20 pounds.

I also have 2 smaller windows with each sash weighing 13 pounds. The rod length for all the sashes is 29 inches, with a rod diameter of 3/8 inches. I believe that the "Red Tip" balance will satisfy my needs for both window sizes, but I'll need verification please.

I also need replacement Felt Pile for all my windows and have included pictures. The height of the felt weatherstripping is 3/16 inch and the width of the Weatherstripping is 3/16 inch as well.

I also require pivot shoes for all windows and have included a picture. To clarify I did in fact remove it a took and actual measurement so the following measurement for the shoes are accurate. 3/8 inch thick, 1 inch wide and 1-7/8-inch height.

I also require replacement weatherstripping for the bottom of each window. The material measures 1/8 of an inch at the base where it inserts into the channel and 2/8 inch tall. The material is old and brittle, but the measurement is as accurate as I can get and have also included a picture of the bottom window seal. I look forward to hearing from you so I may make my purchases. You may call me if you wish with any questions you may have. Thanks!

Jim 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1260.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1262.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1263.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1256.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1264.JPG
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jim, thank you for posting,

For the spiral balance, please review the S900-29 with a red tip that has a 3/8" diameter tube. The 13 pound and 20 pound sash will both be supported by the Red tip option. We do recommend checking the color on the original balance to confirm it is the same.

For the pivot shoe, please review the style and dimensions of the 15-045.

Dimensions for 15-045
Dimensions for 15-045

For the pile weatherseal, take a look at the 58-002 that has a 3/16" base and 3/16" pile height. We also carry the 58-021 if your original has a fin seal in the middle.

Unfortunately we are not able to provide a suitable replacement for the seal in your last pictures. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.