Window weather seal

A home owner from Berlin, Maryland says:
My house was built in 1996 using Survivor 96 windows. Unfortunately, while the windows are fine the weather stripping needs to be replaced. Is this something you can help me with? If not, any thoughts and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We carry a ton of different types of weatherstripping, though I'm not familiar with what kind your brand window uses. In order to help, I will need you to remove a small and undamaged sample and upload a photo of it here for me to review. The video below will go into more detail.

Thank you for your assistance. Hopefully the accompanying photo will provide an idea of what type of weather stripping I need for my Survivor 96 windows. The stripping should be 1/8 wide with an adhesive backing.

Thanks again for your help?

John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1DDF054A-9D64-4332-9D9C-C413D339EA6D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I can only see that your have a wool pile type weatherstripping, but that doesn't narrow it down by much. We sell a ton of different sizes.

You can see our full selection here, but you will need more than a tape measure to identify the right size. These get very, very specific, in terms of dimensions. If you have calipers then now is the time to use them.

We have detailed dimensions on that store page that you can use as a reference.

Thank you, Tom...I don't have calipers, but will find a way to provide an accurate measurement.

Greatly appreciate the assistance.

John
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.