Window will not crank closed enough to engage locks

A home owner from Mt. Carroll, I|L> says:

The window in question is probably about 20 years old. As I bought the house 3 years ago, I have no idea of actual date or the manufacturer. In observing the operator it cranks normally to the stop. Is it the weather stripping becoming old and stiff or a worn operator,the manufacture of this is Truth. Can you help to solve my problem and supply needed parts? If you need anything or different or better pictures just advise.

Thank you

Alan 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 001.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 002.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 004.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 006.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 007.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our 38-175 sash lock, as well as the Caradco and Entrygrad operators we've related for you and carefully compare the dimensions to determine which set would make suitable replacements for your windows. 

As for your weatherstripping, we would need to see a side profile photo of the seal removed from the window to compare to our selection. Thank you!

A home owner from Mt. Carroll, I|L> says:
Hi!
The operator appears to be the 39-032. I have attached a picture of the weather stripping. The latches appear to be functioning properly. You mention the operator mine appears to function but will not bring the window close enough to the latch to catch before hitting the stop. So do operators wear out?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named HPIM3608[1].JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, it sounds like the 39-032 should be what you need but you may also want to remove the operator and close the window to test the hinges and see if they may need to be replaced with something like our 36-048 hinge set.

Also, take a look and compare the dimensions of our 58-056E foam seal to yours. Thank you!

How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.