Window won't stay open

A home owner from Jacksonville, FL says:
I need help identifying what parts I need to help me fix the window. It will open fine, but won't stay open. You can see in the picture that the metal rod on the side is sliding down. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

aama h-lc30-53x78
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like your balances and top sash guides might be broken. I recommend watching the videos below, then visiting our 1/2" wide non tilt window channel balance section here, and our top sash guide section here.
A handy person from Albany says:
As soon as I watched this video, I knew that the non-functioning window in my parents' bathroom was as good as fixed. The hardest part was finding where they kept their screwdriver! Five minutes later (if that), and the window was sliding *and staying* up in the frame. Thank you so much! I'll be teaching my mother how to get the channel balances reinstalled if they fall out again.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.