Window won't stay up

A home owner from Indianapolis, IN says:
Missing a post and two screws. Sounds like one of the posts is rattling around inside the bottom of the window. Previously bought parts from you to repair a different window: 33-055, 26-226 and 15-175. Please advise what I need/should buy. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5466.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5467.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5469.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If the pivot bar is the only broken piece, then I see no reason why the 26-226 and 33-055 that you purchased from us wouldn't work as long as this window uses the same type of hardware. Thanks for posting and please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks. The screw in the window is about 10/16 inch long instead of 1/4. I've included pictures of the pivot bar area at the base of the window in case you might think other parts could be more appropriate.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5475.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5476.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5474.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

For your screw, I would recommend bringing one to a local hardware store so that they can match you up with an exact replacement. 

As for the pivot bar, I would recommend removing an undamaged one from one of your windows to show us and compare to the specifications shown on the 26-226 product page. If you notice any discrepancies, please write out your exact measurements and we will be happy to confirm if the 26-226 would be your best replacement option. 

Here is picture of pivot bar with measurements from similar window. It is a bit shorter than 26-226 with one hole, but the hole is about the same location as the first hole in 26-226.

Thanks again for your help.
Profile picture of Casey

I agree that as long as the 1-3/8" backset of our installation hole shown in the diagram below matches yours, the 26-226 would be your best replacement option. The overall length is not as important since the sash frame where these installs is usually hollow. 

End view of the 26-226 pivot bar
End view of the 26-226 pivot bar

Thank you. Will get an order placed.
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.