Windows

A home owner says:
Hello, my windows are over 30 years old , these spring balances are broken , I have 7 windows need to replace the springs balances, can you please tell me the part number and what else I need to change, thank you,
Haifa
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

It appears you have either our Series 351, with a 15-002 bottom attachment, or Series 390, with a 15-001 bottom attachment. Take a look at the image below to determine which balance you'll need.

When determining the length, only measure the metal channel excluding the nylon attachments. 

You will need to review the metal channel for any numbers stamped on the balance. This will indicate the spring tension stamp option needed to support the window sash. If there is not a number present, you will need to obtain the weight of the sash and compare to the strength chart on the product page to determine the correct stamp option. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

A home owner says:
-The bottom is 1 inch,
- No stamp on it but the sash are 27-28 pound,
-I also need these things in the pictures
Thank you,
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Thank you,

Please review the Series 351 channel balance as a replacement. Once you choose the length needed, review the strength chart on the product page to determine the stamp option based on the weight of the sash. 

For the top sash guide shown, please start by reviewing the style and dimensions of the 18-166 to see how it compares to your original. 

Detail of 18-166
Detail of 18-166

Profile view of 18-166
Profile view of 18-166

Unfortunately we do not carry this exact sash stop. The closest we have is the 55-043, but we cannot guarantee it will work in your window. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Please review and let us know if you have any additional questions. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.