Windows balance

A quick learner from Pa says:
I m looking for these items to fix my window.the size are lengh 25 and 25 58.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220106_160448.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

You can start by comparing the specifications of the 3/8" diameter S900 spiral balance, 26-139 aligner, and 15-045 pivot shoe to your original hardware. One thing to note is that you should only include the housing tube when measuring the length of your balance, not including the spiral that extends from the tube or colored tip. Thanks for posting! 

So this all the hardware that i need to fix my window.i will measure the. Balance when i get home from work .i have a question how many balances a window has?and if the differ in size.Example back top window the spiral balance is longer?Then front window?
Profile picture of Casey

Most single-hung windows with one mobile sash will have two balances. If the window is double hung with two mobile sashes, there would normally be four balances. The balances for each sash may be different lengths and could have different tip colors for different sash weights. For these reasons, it's important to remove a balance for each sash to make sure you purchase replacement parts with the correct specifications. 

These are 2 balances one 27 and 25 inches long .The tip are red and with is 5/8.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220110_152932.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

In that case, see the 5/8" diameter S600-25 and S600-27 spiral balances with red tip options. The fact that you have larger balances leads me to believe that you most likely have an older version of a pivot shoe like the 15-015, but you'll need to compare the width and thickness to your original shoe to confirm that this will fit in your window channel. Thank you. 

Yes my the house is very old in pa.ok so im orde them and the shoe
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.