Windows coming down with new balancers

A handy person from Manville New Jersey says:
I replaced 2 windows upstairs with the red tip balance. The one window comes down about 6 or more inches no matter how many adjustments I make to the balance. The other window was OK last year but now it is coming down about an inch or so.

My question is, should i try the blue tipped balance?

Thanks,
Larry
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Larry. It looks like you had purchased our S600-25 with a red tip. Is that the balance you're trying to install?

Can you tell me what the weight of your window sash is? Once I know the weight of your sash, I can recommend the best possible tip for you.
The sash is about 23 pounds. I have installed the balance and tightened them several times but the window still comes down about 6 inches before it stops.
Profile picture of Paul
How many times have you charged it? To be honest, it sounds like you simply haven't charging enough. With the sash out, and near the color bearing, you should use our 75-006 charging tool tool to remove the tip of the spiral from pivot shoe and give it two or three turns.
I had the sash out several times and charged the balance 3 turns with the charging tool with the same result.
Profile picture of Paul
I would give it a few more turns then. You should start to feel pressure as the spiral tightens up. If you don't, however, then your balance might be broken. Let me know!
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.