Window/screen glazing for a door

A home owner from Malvern Ohio says:
My glazing parts are starting to fall apart from age. They might be called Retainer Strips?
These strips when taped in my window frame on the door, or in the summer, my screen on the door, need replaced. I put a dime beside an old strip. They are plastic and I have 4 of them for the door.
About 31"x 73".
I think the door is a Pelli.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A21BD463-8A9D-42AB-B687-1040E3F17339.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The problem with these long retainer strips is that every different door company changes the style that they use almost every year. This makes it next to impossible to keep up. As such, we suggest considering something like our 70-180 storm door clip and drilling a hole for a 33-020 screw. This is how storm door companies did it once upon a time, and we still find it to be an effective and simple solution.

The 70-180 would need to be secured on the face of the door with a 33-020 screw. The end leg of the clip has a 1/2" reach and should press up against the screen or glass panel in the door holding it in place. I would suggest installing four or five on each side and maybe two at the top. Let me know if this makes sense to you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)