Wocd on historic sashes

A handy person from Minnesota says:
I have an historic house with period double hung sashes. The city is requiring wocd on the upstairs windows. What is the best device to install?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C34902FF-506D-4AA7-9E04-E44F0E34C6AF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 026B8DCF-FC27-4DE9-8675-32160CABA65B.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We carry a balance system that wood window manufacturers used in the 1940's, our Series 500. This is a 5/8" tube spiral balance. It is often used with the bottom sash bracket, the 17-012, which attaches to the bottom of the spiral. From the photos, it is hard if these sashes used this method or another. But take a look and see what you think. Also take a look at the other parts associated on this page if you need them.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.