Wood Window Tension Spring

A quick learner from Conyers, GA says:
Hi,

I have a property that was built circa 1985. One of the wood window sash won't stay up. Looking at the tension spring you have, I wonder it will fit in my window (picture attached showing the sash and channel). I'd also have check if the spring width of 3/4" is too wide or not.

Could you give me some idea otherwise? I tried to push the window all the way up but could not tilt or take it out. Removing the molding seems to be too much work for me.

Window Size: 39 7/8" x 65 3/4" Bottom Sash 39 7/8" x 40 1/4"

Thanks.
user submitted photo of wood window sash and frame circa 1985
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately we do not offer tracks for wood windows.

I recommend going to the nearest millwork that still makes wood windows and purchase new window tracks for your windows. That may be the best solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.